Wednesday, January 29, 2014

First day and such

     Today was the first day at my new job, which went ok. It's one of those things that doesn't seem to be hard, just a lot to learn and a lot to do. I shadowed the girl who I'll replacing, she's moving in less than 3 weeks, and she pretty much did everything like she normal does, just a little slower. The job is pretty much call client, confirm appointment, client calls, make appointment, pull clients folder, put client into schedule, get client water or wine, answer phone - no we are not open on Mondays, add receipts to books, answer phone - yes, it really does cost that much, make appointment, grab something for stylist, go to pee, just kidding...the phone is ringing, etc...

     So, the whole time I pretty much just sat there like deer in the headlights. I constantly felt like I was getting in the way or that I was in her "space." It's not that the girl acted like I was an annoyance, but I know people hate explaining things, especially if it's so easy to them. But, whatever, I'll get the hang of it. She was super nice and explained everything really well, and I wrote probably the most amount of notes I've ever written, I just hope she doesn't think I wasn't actually paying attention, because most people hate repeating themselves. That sentence was probably also a lot longer than it needed to be. Meh.

Me any time someone asked me to do something

     Since she is leaving in 19 days, February 18th to be exact, that means I have less than 3 weeks until I'm completely on my own. It kind of sucks I don't get a lunch break, but I was told there is always a little down time each hour, so that's good. I'm just excited that we don't open up 10, so I can actually go to the gym without having to get up at 5am. In case you didn't know, I am NOT a morning person. At all. 

My poor boyfriend, he always gets the brunt of it...

     But anyway, today was a good day. I didn't have any crippling anxiety like I usually do when I first start, although I did show up an hour early. Not a lot of depressing feelings today either, so that was really good. Although I did have a minor break down when I realized my bank account was in the negatives again. I seriously can't wait until I start actually getting paychecks. I'm running out of things to sell. Never the less, I just hope these good thoughts can keep coming, because being sad is kind of exhausting. I did tell them I have anxiety, which I kind of wish I didn't do. I also might have lied a little and said that I totally have it under control and rarely have breakdowns. Oops...

No comments:

Post a Comment